Columbus Property Management (CPM) has developed a plan to monitor and evaluate the risk of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) disease pandemic to our employees and residents. Our number one priority is to protect the health and safety of those we serve and to limit the impact and risk of exposure. We are following guidelines established by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as protocols issued by state and local public health officials.
Columbus Property Management, along with its parent organization Mission First Housing Group, has established a COVID-19 Committee that meets daily to assess new developments across the organization’s operations in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland and District of Columbia and to implement appropriate safety measures aimed at minimizing risk for residents and staff.
All CPM offices are closed to the public. CPM will perform essential activities only during this time, and we have identified a significant portion of our workforce that will work remotely. This is in keeping with guidance issued by CDC and local health departments related to “social distancing” and “flattening the curve” of disease spread. Essential staff working in offices and in our resident communities will follow safety protocols established by the CDC.
CPM is instituting new policies until further notice:
- In Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware, Property Management is working remotely only. In DC and Maryland, Property Management will have a limited on-site presence, but will also be working remotely. Staff will remain available to communicate with residents via email, text or phone.
- In Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware, Resident Services staff will be working remotely. In DC and Maryland, Resident Services will have a limited on-site presence. Scheduled resident programming is cancelled with the exception of food distribution. Please email or call your Resident Services coordinator with any questions.
- In-person rent payments will only be accepted through the office rent payment drop box. If you want to receive confirmation of receipt, please write your phone number or email address on the check or money order. You will receive notice of receipt. US Mail, WIPPS Card payments and online payments at www.columbuspm.org are recommended.
- Community spaces including community rooms, fitness centers and computer labs are closed. Laundry rooms will remain open to residents. We ask residents to be mindful of congregating in common areas and maintain the CDC’s suggested 6 ft. distance.
- The Maintenance Team will only be servicing emergency maintenance requests.
- The Maintenance Team is working hard to keep the common areas of our buildings clean. Nationwide, cleaning and sanitation supplies are low but we will continue to exhaust our resources to ensure common areas are clean. We are proactively exploring options outside of our staff to help with cleaning if necessary in the future.
- Out of an abundance of caution, maintenance staff will be using protective gloves to ensure their safety and help prevent the spread of germs between building locations.
- To reduce spread of germs, maintenance will be asking residents to wait in another room while they service the unit. If you are exhibiting signs of illness, a supervisor may be contacted.
Our plan in dealing with the impact of COVID-19 will allow us to continue to serve our residents. As local developments are changing rapidly, CPM is reassessing protocol on a daily basis and will implement additional measures as needed. We’ll continue to communicate updates as modifications take place. We will post any further updates on our website.
We thank you for your patience as we navigate this unprecedented time. We will get through this together.